Who couldn’t use a little extra cash? If you’ve got an old car sitting in your driveway, you can sell it to reliable junk car buyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL. At a certain point, some cars cost more to repair and drive than they’re worth—and it’s unlikely that traditional buyers will want to make the investment for so little payoff.
Instead, you can sell your car to a junk car buyer. You’ll get a fair price for your junker, plus the extra room it frees up in your driveway or garage. Here’s how to tell whether it’s time to turn your junker into cash:
- It no longer runs: There’s not a lot of good in hanging onto a car that no longer runs (or no longer runs safely). Every car will eventually reach the end of its usable lifespan, which means you’ve got a big, heavy, unusable machine sitting in your driveway or garage. It’s probably not going to sell on the regular market, so why keep it sitting there for months or years at a time? Instead, sell it to a junk car buyer and get as much money out of it as you can.
- It needs a lot of expensive repairs: Sometimes a car will run, but it needs such expensive repairs that it no longer seems worth it. In that case, we suggest pulling out all the usable parts that you might be able to sell, then letting a junk car buyer take care of the rest. It’s a fast and easy way to get cash to save for your next ride.
- It was in a major accident: Was your car totaled in an accident? If so, and your insurance didn’t cover repairs, it might be more prudent to junk the car and use the funds for a newer vehicle. Accidents can cause a lot of hidden damage, which can be unsafe if you’re involved in another collision. Instead, do the responsible thing and keep it off the road.
- It’s worth more as scrap metal: Whether the car isn’t running, the repairs make it unsellable or it was in an accident, a lot of old cars are worth more as scrap metal than as moving vehicles. If this sounds like your car, take all the parts you might be able to sell and let a junk car buyer haul it away.
- No one is using it: Finally, some old cars simply don’t get used as often. They might run, but if they’re missing major amenities like air conditioning, you’re probably not going to reach for those keys very often. Obviously, don’t junk a valuable vintage car—but if your 1992 Saturn has seen better days, and even the 16-year-old refuses to drive it, it might be better served as scrap.
For more information about junking your car for cash, talk to the most reliable junk car buyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Junk Car Dog is here to haul your car away and pay cash—call us today!