There may come a time in your life when your vehicle breaks down for the final time or is totaled. You may then wonder, “Should I sell my junk car in Broward County, FL to a junk car buyer?” Why not—especially if your vehicle is wrecked, no longer runs or repairs will cost more than the car is worth. Even though your junk car seems to have very little value, you can still get a good chunk of cash from a local junkyard. But first, make sure your junk car buyer is honest and their business is legit.
Here are five tips to help confirm the legitimacy of junk car buyers before you decide to sell your vehicle:
- Get recommendations: You may be amazed to learn just how many car junkyards there are. So, which one should you choose? If you have not sold a junk car to a junkyard in the past, you’ll have to do your research now. There’s a good chance that someone you know has used a junk car service, so a good place to start is by asking friends and family for junk car buyer recommendations. Online or in person, find out who they liked and didn’t like working with. This can save you time and get your junk car out of your life more quickly.
- Use a search engine: Google is a great search engine to check if a junk car buyer is legit. Reputable and often very experienced companies work hard to get high rankings on popular search engines, which in turn attracts potential customers to their website.
- Read online reviews: The Internet gives you access to all sorts of information right at your fingertips. Take advantage of that by reading past customers’ online reviews of the vehicle junkyard you are interested in selling your old car to. It’s best to choose a junkyard that most people say they would do business with again, as well as one that has a great number of positive reviews.
- Check business websites: A junkyard business’ website should look professional and clean, and be easy to navigate and understand. Avoid businesses without clear contact information, as well as junkyards that do not provide a specific business location. However, keep in mind that simply having a website doesn’t mean they are a true company. For this reason, check with the city or county about their credentials and license to operate.
- Ask for business license information: As mentioned, above a junkyard business can still be fake even with a BBB logo and claims of proper licensing and certifications. To ensure they are legit, ask to see their license as proof. If they are for real, they will have no problem producing this information to you quickly. Never give any personal information to a business until they prove to you who they are.
If you keep asking yourself, “How do I sell my junk car in Broward County, FL?” then you’re in luck! Junk Car Dog will pay cash on the spot for your totaled vehicle or junk car, and we offer same-day pickup—we even accept cars that are in the worst possible condition. Give us a call for more information!