Deciding to sell your old car, even if it is a junk vehicle, isn’t always an easy decision. Many people feel sentimental attachment to their vehicles, especially after years or even decades of ownership. If you are planning on selling your car to a junk car buyer, you want to be certain that you are getting the best deal possible.
Unfortunately, without researching or planning properly, you might end up being paid far less than your car is actually worth. When you decide to sell your car to a junk car buyer in Coral Springs, FL, there are a few things you will have to do in advance of the exchange to ensure that you are getting the most out of the sale of your old car:
- Verify that ownership is in order: You won’t be able to sell your vehicle unless you can prove legal ownership, so it’s important that you verify this before you begin the process of selling your car. Make sure that your name is on the title, and go through the process of transferring ownership if it’s not.
- Research value: You can look online to see the estimated value of your make and model. Make sure you know specifically what kind of damage it has, and whether it can be driven. If there are minor repairs that could get it back on the road, consider having those done. You will be able to get a much better offer for a car that can be operated than for one that can’t.
- Find the right buyer: Look for a junk car buyer in Coral Springs, FL that has a reputation for being honest and fair. You can ask friends if they have sold their junk cars locally or go online for reviews of local dealers. Ask for quotes from several different buyers to find the best offer for your car.
- Leverage opportunities to increase value: In many cases, you may get a much better offer if you drive the car to the lot yourself. Consider bringing the car in if it’s in drivable condition so that the cost of towing the car to the lot isn’t factored into the price you have to pay. (That said, some junk vehicle buyers will come pick up your car for free. Ask about this service!)
- Familiarize yourself with applicable laws: There are several laws in place that are designed to protect consumers, and it’s important to familiarize yourself with them. These laws, called lemon laws, vary from state to state, so you should research which laws apply in your locality when it comes to selling junk cars.
At Junk Car Dog, we are proud to make reasonable offers on junk cars that you will receive in cash, on the spot. When you sell to us, you can feel confident that you are getting a great price for your vehicle—and we even provide completely free towing service to save you the time and the hassle. Contact us today to find out how much cash you can get from a junk car buyer in Coral Springs, FL—we’re proud to offer same-day appointments!