Are you in a situation where you think to yourself, “It might be time to sell my junk car in Boca Raton?” If so, you have come to the right place. As experienced junk car buyers, we’ve seen just about every type of junk car you can imagine, and we know what distinguishes a good sale from a bad one.
We’re happy to share this knowledge with you, and when the time comes where you think, “It’s time to sell my junk car in Boca Raton,” we hope that Junk Car Dog is the first business that comes to mind. Here are five tips for ensuring you get the most cash for your junk vehicle:
- Establish ownership: No reputable buyer is going to want to purchase your junk car if you cannot prove that you are its true owner. This should be a relatively simple box to check: just make sure you have the pink slip or other proof of ownership on hand when it’s time to make the sale. If for some reason you do not have a pink slip, it is probably time for a trip to the DMV.
- Know your worth: A blue book is a good place to start when figuring out the value of your junk car—but of course, it’s a junk car, which means it likely has some damage. You might want to bring your car by a mechanic to get an idea of what’s wrong with it, and what its strong points are. If you are handy with cars or know a mechanic who will give you a good deal, consider fixing whatever you can to get a better price.
- Get some quotes: You probably wouldn’t buy the very first car you saw in the lot, and the same goes for selling—the first offer you get might not be the best one. Call or visit a few different junk car buyers so you can compare offers and make sure you’re getting top dollar for your junk car.
- Deliverance: If your car won’t move and a tow truck isn’t worth your price, then you might have no option but to ask the junk car service to pick it up themselves. But most junk car buyers will pay more if you do this step for them. If your junk car is still drivable, or you have access to a free or affordable tow truck, you should offer to deliver it to them.
- Read up on lemon laws: Different states have different laws on lemon cars, mileage alteration and what exactly constitutes a “junk car.” Make sure you are educated about your state’s laws, so you can sell your junk car with confidence.
Selling a junk car is a great way to clear up some space and get some extra money in your pocket. And here at Junk Car Dog, we want to help make the experience as painless as possible for you. Get in touch anytime for more information, or to sell your junk car in Boca Raton!