So, you’ve finally decided to get rid of that old junk car sitting in your driveway. You’ve made a good choice! Your neighbors will probably be happy that they don’t have to look at it anymore, and you’ll be able to utilize more of your driveway now that the rust bucket is gone. Deciding to let your car go is just step one, though—the process of finding someone who’s willing to purchase an old, broken down car can be a lot more difficult than you’d think, especially if the vehicle isn’t what collectors would consider a “classic.”
Lucky for you, Junk Car Dog is here! When you’ve decided, “It’s time to sell my junk car in Davie, FL,” we should be your go-to option to buy it. This post will teach you everything you need to know about junking an old car, and why Junk Car Dog is your best bet when trying to sell a vehicle that nobody else wants:
- See what it’s worth: First things first, check your car’s Kelley Blue Book value to see how much your old car is worth. Knowing how much your car might go for will give you better leverage for negotiations once you bring it down to the junkyard.
- Ensure junking is actually your best option: In some rare cases, junking your old car isn’t the best option. If you find that your vehicle’s Kelley Blue Book value is much higher than you originally expected, you might want to find a secondhand buyer instead of selling it to a junkyard. Rest assured that we’ll be here if you can’t seem to find anyone to take it off your hands!
- Clean it up: Before bringing your car to the junkyard, make sure you clean out all of your personal belongings, and maybe even run it through the carwash. You might be able to get a few extra bucks if your car looks nice and shiny.
Things to consider when choosing a junkyard
We’re far from the only junkyard in town that’s willing to purchase broken vehicles. Tons of companies are chomping at the bit to buy your old car so they can either sell it for scraps or maybe even find a buyer who’s looking to restore an old vehicle. Here’s what you need to look for in a junkyard before you sell:
- Pick up: A lot of the vehicles that come our way aren’t drivable, which presents a big problem for anyone trying to sell their car. Instead of making you pay a tow company to bring your car down to our lot, we’ll pick it up for free! Just give us a call and schedule a pickup time, and we’ll come over to tow it away for you.
- Payment: Would you like to have a check or money order for your car, or would you rather get a stack of cash on the spot? We’ve found that most folks would prefer to get cash, which is exactly how we do business. We offer the best price for your vehicle, and we pay our customers strictly in cash for their old cars.
Be sure to work with Junk Car Dog when you decide, “It’s finally time to sell my junk car in Davie, FL!” You won’t find a junkyard that offers more cash for old cars, nor another company that’ll tow your junk vehicle away for free.