Buying a car is a big investment and you don’t want all of that money to go to waste, even when your car breaks down. Selling your car to junk car buyers in Pompano Beach, FL is a great way for you to make some extra money off of your old car. Unfortunately, not every junk car buyer can be trusted. There are a lot of junk car buyers out there that scam you out of your car for far less than it’s actually worth. Thankfully, there are a few red flags that you can look out for to ensure that you are getting a fair price from a trustworthy buyer:
- Informal pricing offers: Some people who sell their junk car get a quote over the phone and receive a formal offer later on for a lower amount. Dishonest sellers may entice you with a promising offer over the phone and then make a lower offer in person when you’ve already gone to the trouble of bringing your car to their lot. Make sure that you receive an offer in writing before you bring your car to a car buyer. Better yet, find a car buyer that will come to you and make a cash offer in person.
- Unclear communication: Car buyers might avoid giving you an actual offer over the phone and then make a low offer when they see your car in person. This tactic is designed to get you to bring your car to the lot with the promise of a high cash offer. Once you’ve already brought your car in, the buyer will then make you a lowball offer and hope that you accept it just to avoid the trouble of transporting your car off the lot.
- Delayed payment: When you’re working with junk car buyers in Pompano Beach, FL, you should insist on immediate payment. Avoid buyers who promise to send your payment in the mail after they take the car. Once you sign your title away, you might have little recourse if the buyer doesn’t send your check.
- Extra fees: Some junk car buyers will make you a high offer and then knock it down with additional fees and charges. Make sure you talk to the junk car buyer beforehand about whether they offer towing service, and whether it comes with an additional fee.
- Shady offers: Even if your car is completely totaled, it may still hold value for a junk car buyer because it can be scrapped for metal and parts. With that in mind, you shouldn’t trust junk car buyers in Pompano Beach, FL who tells you that your car is more trouble than it’s worth. A buyer who says that they will do you a favor by taking your car away for free probably isn’t being totally honest with you. If a buyer tells you that your car isn’t worth anything, get a second opinion from a different buyer before making a decision.
At Junk Car Dog, we are dedicated to delivering honest and reliable service to our customers. We are a local business that has been offering cash on the spot for junk cars for years. No matter the condition of your car, our team will come to you and offer you up to $350 in cash for your car. Next, we’ll tow it away so you don’t have to worry about transportation. Give us a call today to find out more or request service!